Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP)
Drive your school counseling program to the next level. Show your administrators, school board and the community at large that you're committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program. Apply for the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) designation from the American School Counselor Association. Watch the Top 10 Reasons to RAMP
The RAMP application process should be the culmination of the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program. Once your school has a program in place, you will need at least one entire academic year to collect the data and information needed to fulfill the RAMP application requirements.
- Is based on the ASCA National Model.
- Is a recognition program for individual schools, not districts or school counselors.
- Gives you the confidence that your program aligns with a nationally accepted and recognized model.
- Helps you evaluate your program and areas for improvement.
- Increases your skills and knowledge.
- Enhances your program's efforts to contribute to student success.
has yielded encouraging results about the potential impact of RAMP programs on student achievement, particularly at the elementary level.
- An engraved plaque, suitable for display on your office wall.
- Communication sent to your school's principal and superintendent informing them of your exemplary school counseling program.
- Template press release to individualize and send to local press.
- Use of RAMP logo for business cards, letterhead, Web site or printed materials
- School recognition at ASCA's annual conference.
- Two tickets to the RAMP awards celebration at ASCA's annual conference.
- Free conference registration for RAMP school principal the year RAMP is awarded.
- Recognition in ASCA School Counselor magazine and on the ASCA website.
If your school's program successfully answers the question, "How are students different because of what school counselors do?" then you're ready to show the world that your school's program is "ramped up." Apply for the RAMP designation today.
- All applications must uploaded to the online application site by 5 p.m. (Pacific) on Oct. 15.
- No late applications will be accepted or reviewed.
- Applications are reviewed for eligibility prior to the scoring process.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed, and no refunds will be given.
- The RAMP Review Committee is an independent panel composed of school counseling professionals. Decisions by the reviewers are final.
- All applicants will receive notification via e-mail by late January.
- The application fee is $200 ($400 for nonmembers). At least one school counselor at the school must be an ASCA member to receive the member rate.
- The RAMP designation is valid for five years. At the end of five years, schools may apply again to continue to be designated a RAMP school.