ASCA U Specialist Training
Earning an ASCA U Specialist designation is self-paced, online professional development. You'll read a series of books and articles, view/listen to webinars and/or podcasts and take a series of quizzes on the material. You have one year following purchase to complete your Specialist course. ASCA U Specialist designations are valid for five years. Read the ASCA U Specialist FAQ (PDF).
Specialist trainings are $99 for members, $249 for nonmembers and are worth 5 CEUs/50 Contact Hours. The price includes access to all webinars, podcasts and journal and articles. Books must be purchased separately. Most Specialists are also available for graduate credit for an additional fee.
Current courses available through ASCA U include:
- Anxiety & Stress Management Specialist
- Bullying Prevention Specialist
- Career Development Specialist
- Closing the Achievement Gap Specialist
- College Admissions Specialist*
- Culturally Sustaining School Counseling Specialist
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Specialist
- Grief & Loss Specialist
- Legal & Ethical Specialist
- Mental Health Specialist
- School Counseling Data Specialist*
- School Counseling Leadership Specialist
- Students with Special Needs Specialist
- Trauma & Crisis Specialist
*Not available for graduate credit
"The training was everything I hoped it would be. I do feel equipped and knowledgeable about issues school counselors face every day. Very worthwhile training. Kudos to ASCA."
– David Ianke